This was my Dad’s recipe and one of our family’s all-time summer favorites.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Mix cucumbers, sweet onion, and sea salt together in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Turn cucumber mixture into a colander set over a bowl or in a sink; let drain, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has drained, about 30 minutes more. Transfer drained cucumber mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, dill, garlic powder, and black pepper together in a bowl with a whisk until smooth; pour over the cucumber mixture and stir to coat vegetables with the dressing.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Recipe Provided by MHudson via All Recipes